Friday 27 June 2008

Faure and The Gild

Friday has swung around again - in a blur of activity. I finally pulled off Faure's Cantique de Jean Racine at choir rehearsal! It's a toughy - 5 flats in none stop quavers, the piano part never lets up - an incredible piece though, when the choir are on top form and my fingers are flying around the Bechstein it's quite breathtaking.

I've been lending my own voice this week, to a piece by The Gild (a new project by Tony Wakeford and Reeve Malka) nice little poem about the corruption of power and wealth. The vocals are recorded but I've not heard the music yet - so something to look forward to.

In other news Moon Tremors (from the forthcoming album Axis Vein) is now available on the Earth Monkey Productions 50:50 compilation

Earth Monkey graphic

Also - the 'Slow Corrosion' ep is now available

Hurrah!

No comments: