Thursday 12 June 2008

Rethinks and Slow Corrosions

Ok so it's time to rethink this blog business - I've been pondering it for a while and I've come to the heady conclusion that just using it simply to archive my work is a pretty dry approach - let's face it my website and myspace pages are adequate for that purpose. So this one will still be about my work, but more of a diary type deal, something considerably more informal.

So what have I been up to? Good question! (even when I ask it myself!)

This morning I've been working on promo type stuff for the new Clutter vs Susan Matthews ep. It's coming out in a couple of weeks via Earth Monkey Productions. A very new experience for me. I'm so used to doing everything myself (music, producing, mixing, photography, sleeves, printing, manufacturing, promotion, distribution etc etc blah blah blah) it's a curious feeling sitting back and trusting someone else to take care of all that. Shaun Blezard (Mr Earth Monkey) is an absolute star though, so I feel relaxed about the whole situation.

For instance - here's his sleeve design:

Slow Corrosion - promo 1

see what I mean? the guy's a goodun

and come to think of it, so is the ep

four tracks of Clutter remixes of Matthews' sounds - the title track 'Slow Corrosion' will be up on myspace soon

No comments: